Occupational health & hygiene
This course aims to understand the worker’s own role in prevention and dealing with issues in the field of occupational health and hygiene (OHS).
The objectives are to increase the overall wellbeing of the workforce by educating on the use of PPE (including understanding the detrimental effects of not using it), hygiene, and workplace ergonomics.
This will result in better understanding of basic hygiene principles to prevent illnesses and limit the spread of infections caused by viruses and bacteria.
Education in ergonomics principles will prevent workplace injuries and long-term work-related diseases which will result in a healthier and more productive workforce.
- Understanding consequences of not wearing PPE
- Understanding how and when to wear PPE
- Understanding responsibilities of all stakeholders
- Correct sitting and standing positions
- Lifting and carrying
- Dealing with working in high temperatures
- Avoiding spread of contagious diseases
- Food hygiene
- First aid equipment
Focus of our learning units (“Games”):
- Understanding the concept of PPE
- What is right and what is wrong behaviour (mixed topics)
- Which PPE to wear in which situation
- Avoiding dengue fever
- How to wash hands in the correct way
- Taking initiative to increase health and hygiene
- Workplace ergonomics
- How and when to call the ambulance
- Statistics about workplace injuries
- Learning to solve a problem/root cause analysis
- Recognize mistakes on the factory floor
- Signs on the material safety data sheets
- Learn about responsibilities regarding PPE
- PPE in practice
- Correct behaviour to prevent viruses/bacteria to spread
- Mixed questions all topics
- Concept of dehydration
- Which PPE to wear in which scenario